If there were a few little things that you could do to increase your fat loss without taking much more effort on your part would you implement them? Trying to lose weight, and specifically body fat, is one of the most frustrating things that most people will ever attempt to do. There are several things that can be done to increase the amount of body fat that you can lose while dieting. Improve your chances of success by doing the following:
1. Eat less, more often. Take your daily total of calories and divide it out into 5 or 6 equal meals instead of the three that you have been taught is the right way to do it since you were a child. Spreading out your eating will speed up your metabolism and allow your body to more efficiently burn those calories.
2. Split up your exercise. Exercising too much can actually be detrimental to your fat loss efforts. Split up your weight training and your aerobic exercise. You should alternate days and take one day off each week. For example, weight training on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with aerobics on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and take Sunday off.
3. No drastic cuts. Cutting back too far on your calories will throw your body into a survival mode and practically eliminate all fat loss. A smaller reduction in calories will result in fat loss instead of the loss coming from muscle mass.
4. Enjoy a good steak. You can have chicken breast if your prefer, or any other quality protein. Protein eaten at each meal will speed your metabolism, protect your muscles, and speed fat loss.
5. Write everything down. Start keeping a food diary and keep track of every bite that passes between your lips. You can’t lie to yourself about it if it is all there in black and white. Seeing how much you really eat is usually enough to motivate some significant changes.
6. Enjoy some spicy food. Most things that you would normally consider as being spicy such as peppers, mustard, cinnamon, cayenne, curry, etc. are thermogenic and will speed up your metabolism. They will also help you sweat and cleanse your body of the toxins produced by burning body fat.
7. Take a day off. Your body can get used to calorie deficits and learn to cope with them. Take a day off every once in a while and increase your calorie intake so your body can’t get used to lower calorie consumption and adjust for it.
8. Consume fish oil. Fish oil has been shown by studies to aid your body in burning fat. If you don’t like eating fish it is available in capsules.
9. Drink green tea. Green tea is filled with many different substances that aid your body in burning stored fat as well as antioxidants to protect it from the free radicals formed when the fat is burned. Try to drink 1 – 2 cups a day. It is very good as an iced tea.
Follow these nine tips and increase the amount of body fat that you can burn off. The more excess body fat that you can get rid of the better you will look and feel. These small tips can add up to a huge change in your weight and in your life.